For years, DONMs have been asking me if I did one-to-one work, and I said no. I explained how I wasn’t qualified in counselling, that I’m just an ordinary fellow-DONM. I didn’t think I had any value to offer.
But people kept asking me would I speak with them one-to-one, and saying that my experience and perspective were my qualifications.
And so, I have been inspired to offer this service to those who would like it. DONMs are getting good results from it as you can read below.
What would you get on a coaching call with me? You would get:
- Understanding: this may be the most important one. I understand what it’s like being raised by a narcissist, and you do not need to explain or convince me as you might have had to do with conventional therapists.
- Validation: Again, unlike some other therapists, I will totally get what you have been through and I won’t dismiss it with platitudes about all mothers being annoying, or assuring you that she really loves you.
- Compassion: I think all DONMs need full and genuine compassion.
- A listening ear: Someone to really hear you.
- Perspective: To explain events to you in light of the narcissism so that you understand them better and they begin to make sense.
- Non-directive advice: By non-directive advice I mean I can give you alternative strategies you might not have thought about. But I am very clear that I do not push anybody in any direction. The two essential things are 1) figuring out what you want, and 2) having clear information about possibilities.
I can include Emotional Freedom Technique/Tapping as part of the coaching if you wish, but the coaching stands alone as the default.
If this sounds like something you would get value from, I invite you to book via Paypal. One hour costs US$55 and an hour and a half costs US$75. (You can pay in your own currency and it’ll automatically convert.) Most people start off with one hour to get a feel for it all, and book the longer session subsequently if they need.
Once you have paid, you’ll be brought to a page where you can book a time and date that suits you.
I very much look forward to working with you if this is right for you,
p.s. Be very clear that I am NOT a qualified counsellor or therapist. This coaching is just peer support.
One hour of personal coaching $55:
One and a half hours of personal coaching $75:
What other DONMs say:
(All shared with permission)